Feature On Student Athlete Bennett Basich

Bennett Basich is a senior at Arrowhead and he plays on the varsity basketball team. He signed with UW-Green Bay in July just a month after visiting the campus. 

Basich says, “I am excited for Green Bay because of the coaching staff and their belief in me. Their entire team was super welcoming and I know that with the new staff they will be a super successful team.”  

They are seventh in their conference so far in 2023. 

Basich has been playing basketball since about third grade, and says, “My favorite thing about basketball is the friendships that I have built. This is something that will last me a lifetime and will continue to be strong even when the ball stops bouncing.”

According to Wisconsin Sports Network, last year, as a junior at Arrowhead, Basich scored 15.9 points per game, had 3.0 assists per game, stole 1.5 times per game, and led the team in rebounds with 9.1 per game. 

Basich’s 19 points and nine rebounds in the WIAA State Semifinals in Madison last year gave Arrowhead a victory over Neenah.

This season, his little brother Blake Basich is on varsity as a freshman as well. 

1. Basich says, “I am most excited about playing with my brother this season. It’s something I have always wanted and finally got the opportunity.” 

On December 16, this season, B. Basich reached his 1,000th point at Muskego High School where the team won 66 to 52. 

He says, “One person that motivates me is my dad. He always pushes me to get better and be a better person. He has helped me push myself in more aspects than just basketball, from being a better brother, to being a better friend, and to even being a better son. Will always be thankful for what my dad has done for me.”