The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Two Arrowhead Marketing Students To Be On Reality TV Show “Project Pitch It”

Two students from Arrowhead High School had the opportunity to be featured on the reality TV show on November 29th through the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. The episode they are featured in will be aired in a yet to be determined date in March 2024 on WISN-TV.

Project Pitch It showcases new and upcoming entrepreneurs and businesses and moguls on the show give the high school entrepreneurs advice for the future. 

The two Arrowhead students featured on this show were seniors Madeline Kurtz and Diego Hernandez. Both students learned about Project Pitch It, through their Marketing and Business class, taught by Steve Melzer. 

“It was a very nerve racking experience and an amazing experience,” says Hernandez. 

Hernandez came up with a food product while Kurtz had come up with a kitchen gadget. 

Both students got to develop a brand and business name.

“Prior to the show, I talked with various students in Warhawk manufacturing about how to create and design the prototype and the product. Created a logo and the brand of the company. Came up with different ways to promote and market the product. Came up with a speech that highlighted how my product was better than competitors and why people need it,” says Kurtz.

Kurtz branded her product as Leafit. The Leafit is a kitchen gadget that works by taking off the leaves from the stems of different leaves. Her slogan is: “Leafit to us to spice up your meals” and Hernandez branded his food product as Diego’s Conchi Twists, “The Tastiest Twisted Treat”.

After speaking and presenting to the moguls on the show, students were given different awards based on their product and what can help them develop their business. Those awards can not be disclosed until the episode airs. 

“I would love to continue and expand the business,” says Hernandez.

Both Hernandez and Kurtz were two of six students to be featured in the show.