The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Students and Staff Make New Year’s Resolutions

Students and Staff Make New Years Resolutions

It’s that time of the year where people are starting to come up with their New Year’s resolutions with New Year’s Eve being right around the corner. New Year’s Eve this year is on Sunday, December 31st and New Year’s Day is on a Monday. 

According to Goodhousekeeping.com, people like to start the New Year with goals they would like to achieve in the future—whether those goals are realistic or unattainable.

People all around the world have their idea of what a beneficial resolution would look like and  Arrowhead students and staff have them as well.  

Social Studies teacher Craig Haase says that he hasn’t really thought too much about his New Year’s resolutions. He says, “But now that I am thinking about it, I would like to work on my snoring.”

Like Haase, senior Ellie Bognar said she hasn’t put much thought into it either and normally doesn’t think about a resolution until a week before the new year. 

However, Bognar said a resolution she has been thinking about is to be more patient with people. 

Junior Addie Kowelaski had been thinking about her New Year’s resolution and said that she is going to work towards getting better grades in the new year. 

Front office greeter Jill Ann Melton said for her New Year’s resolution she would like to work towards organizing her house. She says, “I also want to make snowflakes.” 

Senior Libby Ray said she wants to eat healthier in the new year. 

According to piedmont.org, the New Year is a blank slate which allows people to utilize self-efficacy. When a goal is set and on its way to achievement it will allow those to have a sense of control of what is happening in their lives.