What Students Got For St. Nick

On December 6th, Saint Nicholas Day recognizes the third century saint who became an inspiration for the modern-day Santa Clause. 

St. Nicholas is known for selling his possessions and giving his money to the poor. Raised as a devout Christian, St. Nicholas dedicated his life to serving the sick and suffering. 

While St. Nicholas Day is not to be confused with Christmas, some similarities do exist. Traditions include leaving gifts in shoes or stockings or the exchange of small gifts. Another tradition suggests leaving treats for good boys and girls. 

Whether you celebrate or not it’s nice to give friends and family gifts they will love. 

Julia Payne, an Arrowhead High School junior says, “This year I got some cute claw clips and I also got some gift cards and some candy.” 

As many students love the holidays, some of them look forward to coming into school to share all the cool things that they got. 

Every year Arrowhead High School hosts a giving tree at the front of North campus in the commons and the for South is in the library. This is for people who are in need and students and staff can come and bring gifts or gift cards for others. 

Emily Lauber, an Arrowhead High School junior says, “I normally don’t get anything [for St. Nick], but last year I got some socks and toothpaste. I also got some candy but this year I didn’t get anything.”