The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra Holiday Pops Concerts at Arrowhead

On December 6th, the music students were treated to some pre-holiday music before the holiday. The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra came to visit Arrowhead beginning at 1 PM . Students were excused 9th and 10th hour to watch them perform. 

Band Director Jacob Polancich says, “It was truly an honor to have the Orchestra come and perform for us; they are always incredible and this was the second consecutive year we were able to have them come and perform for the students.”

The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra played classic Christmas songs from the common  time. Including Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, O Come All Ye Faithful, and more. The Conductor got the students engaged in really active and upbeat ways, such as dancing, singing and talking.

Freshman Demet Alpay says, “I really enjoyed the way he got us into the show, his stories about him being on a secret mission from the North Pole was really funny. Also the elf hat that he wore, really brought another aspect to the performance.” 

On the night of the 6th at 7 PM, the MSO also had a ticketed Holiday Pops Concert for $50 for adults and $25 for students in the north campus theater. The conductor did the same show during the night performance as he did with all the music students he saw throughout the day. 

Polancich says, “The show at 7 PM was the same show all of our music students saw during 9th and 10th period. I would say he played more music than he did with the students, but the storyline was the same.”