Students Decorate for the Holidays

Thanksgiving is approaching on November 23rd, 2023, leaving students and staff time to decorate the home before the holiday. 

Christmas is December 25th, 2023. Decorating a house for this holiday could entail putting up Christmas lights, and a tree with ornaments and a star. 

Students have said that their families get their decorations from all different places and stores for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

Senior Rachel Kleinhans said, “My family has a lot of decorations that have been passed down from generations, but we also like to go to HomeGoods and Target.” 

HomeGoods is a store known for supplies and decor for the home. This store has decor for both Christmas and Thanksgiving. 

HomeGoods is open Monday through Saturday from 9:30am to 9:30pm and then on Sundays from 10am until 8pm. The nearest store is located 2950 Golf Rd, Delafield WI, 53018. 

“Having a house that is in the Christmas spirit is just more comfortable,” said Walters. 

Arrowhead has a Christmas break from December 23, 2023, until Monday, January 1st, 2024. 

Target is also a store that students have mentioned they and their families go to for decorations and Christmas and Thanksgiving items. Delafield Target is open everyday from 8am until 10pm and located at 2553 Sun Valley Dr, Delafield, WI 53018.

“Thanksgiving decorations are more just like fall decorations,” junior Gabby Macanany said.

Arrowhead has a Thanksgiving break from school from the 22nd to the 26th of November 2023.  

Junior Ella Walters said, “There’s more activities that go into Christmas.” 

According to the website paulinaontheroad, students and families can cut down their own trees at certain farm houses and stores found here, decorate ornaments, or bake cookies. 

“Once December hits, my house is decorated for Christmas,” said senior Grace Hamilton.