Feature on AHS teacher Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson is an English 10 teacher at Arrowhead high school. He has been teaching for 13 years. He was a football coach at Arrowhead for eight years but he decided to step down from his position last year because he wanted to spend more time at home with his family. 

Last year he was also an assistant JV golf coach. 

Currently, he live streams varsity football home games with his co-workers, fellow English teachers, Ryan Andrews and Michelle Verkler on Friday nights.  

Sophomore Allison Heimsch, who is in Johnson’s tenth hour class says, “Mr. Johnson is a fun motivating teacher who really makes an impact on his students.” 

Johnson has two children, Lucas and Dylan, who are both boys. Johnson says Dylan is three years old, and Lucas is seven years old. 

Main Street Boutique, located in downtown Delafield, is owned by his wife, Sara. They sell women’s clothes and shoes, and are open from 10AM to 6PM.

Johnson says he spends a lot of time with his family and is super close with them. He now coaches his son Lucas’s first grade basketball team.  

He says, “I’m blessed to have two wonderful young boys and an amazing, successful wife.” 

In the years leading up to his career as a teacher, Johnson spent time protecting the country in the military. He served in the United States Army.

He says,  “My time in the Army helped me develop leadership skills that I still continue to use today whether that is as a coach or teacher.”