Arrowhead Named One of the Best Schools in the Nation

Arrowhead is ranked the 518th best high school in the nation and the 8th best in Wisconsin by the U.S. News & World Report’s 2023-2024 best high schools rank.

“Best high schools rankings are those whose students demonstrated outstanding outcomes above expectations in math, reading and science state assessments, earned qualifying scores in an array of college-level exams, and graduated in high proportions,” according to U.S. News.

Some specific ranking factors include the college curriculum breadth index, subject proficiency,  state assessment proficiency, the graduation rate, and number of students who pass AP exams. 

Arrowhead has a graduation rate of 99% and 56% of students passed at least one AP exam according to the 2021-2022 school year data. Arrowhead scored over 50% in every category except for student diversity, having a minority enrollment of 11.6%. 

Some students were not aware of Arrowhead’s U.S. News & World Report’s 2023-2024 best high schools ranking.

“I had no idea that Arrowhead was ranked so high. It’s weird that they don’t tell anyone,” says junior Mya Schneider. 

A link to the U.S. News Best High School page is featured on Arrowhead’s web page under News and Events. 

Other students are surprised by the ranking. 

“I know Arrowhead has a history of being ranked very high especially in the state, but as a student here, it’s kind of surprising,” says senior Ray Wieland. 

In 2022, Arrowhead ranked 15th best school in Wisconsin.