The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Students’ favorite places to get Donuts

National Donut Day falls on June 2nd of each year,  but because of Veterans Day, another National Donut Day is on November 5th. Americans convinced the Vietnamese to help them celebrate by handing out donuts in honor of Veterans Day, so now each year has two National Donut Days. 

Stores around the country will be offering free donuts as well as some bigger named donut stores such as Krispy Kreme, and Dunkin Donuts

Business and Marketing teacher Steve Melser said, “I like to get my donuts from Pick ‘n Save, they usually have a deal on them when you buy a dozen, and I like to buy them for my classes or the DECA leadership team when they have morning meetings.” 

The nearest Pick ‘n Save is in Nashotah, their hours are every day from 7 AM to 10 PM, with delivery options every day from 8 AM to 8 PM. 

National Donut Day is very popular across the country and most donut-selling places know about this day as well and, therefore, offer discounts or free donuts to the customers during the day or for the whole day. 

Freshman Asa Martin said, “My favorite place to get donuts has to be Dunkin’ Donuts, or I make them myself. I like dunkin’ donuts a lot, but sometimes I like to be creative and make my own, which is fun.” 

The nearest Dunkin’ Donuts is in Sussex on W-164. Their hours are every day from 4 AM to 11 PM. They have delivery options every day from 4:30 AM to 10:30 PM as well. 

Krispy Kreme sells their original glazed doughnut for $0.99 and a dozen donuts is $7.99, compared to Dunkin’ Donuts where an original glazed donut is also $0.99 but a dozen of those donuts comes to $9.99.

Freshman Demet Alpay said, “My favorite place to get donuts is at the grocery store. I like how many selections they have and how you can choose the one you want. I also like that they are $0.99.”