What Students do When it’s a Rainy Day

This week, Thursday and Friday, October 26th and 27th, students do not have school as Arrowhead gives a fall break. However, over the two days off it is supposed to rain so what will kids be doing on their days off? How will they spend their time? 

Students have mentioned that they are going to Friday night’s Arrowhead Football game at Sussex Hamilton at 7pm. Rain or shine, students stated they will be in attendance cheering on the football team on their second game of playoffs. 

But that leaves three days of no activities and rain, according to The Weather Channel as well as the weather app on IPhones.   

Senior Lindsey Washburn said, “I like to watch movies most of the time when it’s all rainy and since it’s Halloween soon I like to watch Harry Potter.” 

As it is October, students, like Washburn, stated they enjoy watching movies with friends as well as baking and listening to music, specifically music from the years 2012-2015. 

Senior Chloe Susitti said, “I like to make popcorn and those sugar cookies with the little pumpkins on them before the movie too. Oh and listening to music while baking them.” 

Some students said they like to make cookies while other students said they like to make pumpkin pie, leaving another student who enjoys baking brownies. There are many different recipes to bake. 

Some articles with recipes to try are, Sallys Baking Addiction, Taste of Home, and Delish

“I like to make fall desserts with my sister, like pumpkin pie, apple crisp, muffins, things like that,” senior Rachel Kleinhans said. 

Another activity to keep busy over the fall break is to carve pumpkins. Students can go to a store like Walmart or even a pumpkin patch like Basses to buy a large pumpkin. Then after being able to bring it back home, clean it off, and then carve it with faces or designs.

Sophomore Sara Klienhans said, “I’m going to my friend’s house to carve pumpkins with her.” 

Students have said during the fall break they enjoy doing fall-like activities—even if it is all rainy outside. 

Sophomore Kennedy Hamilton said, “Fall is my favorite season and a little rain can’t ruin the little break we get.”