National Sausage Pizza Day, Students Opinions On The Best Place To Go

Food lovers across the country enjoy National Sausage Pizza Day on October 11th each year. While Italian sausage may be preferred, try experimenting. Arrowhead High School serves pizza for lunch too, some types are pepperoni, sausage and spinach pizzas. Anything for lunch at Arrowhead High School is $3.50 and .40 cents if it’s a reduced lunch 

There are many different types of sausages such as smoked sausage or chorizo. Sausage comes in many different combinations too. Lighter forms and different ages offer flavors that complement different toppings. A little sweet with the savory creates a  modern taste. 

Noha’s Pizza located at 220 Oakton Ave, Pewaukee has some interesting types of pizza. If you are not a fan of sausage on pizza, Noha’s is the place to go with varieties of pizza like Taco pizza, Chicken alfredo pizza, vegetable pizzas, and many more. 

Some options at Noah’s pizza are sauteed onions on sausage pizza or portabella mushrooms. Some fun facts about pizza is the first United States pizza establishment opened in New York’s Little Italy in 1905. 

Jessica Thompson, an Arrowhead High School Special Education teacher, says, “My favorite kind of pizza would have to be a classic pepperoni and sausage. I like to try all the different kinds of pepperoni and sausage kinds of pizzas from different places, it’s always fun to see how different they are.“

Sausage pizza is the second most popular pizza in the world, according to the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council. With so many varieties of sausage, there are an endless number of types that can be deeply enjoyed. 

Although there is no discount for national sausage pizza day there are many other discounted pizza days like October 2nd to October 8th. You can get a discount at Papa Murphy’s, Dominos and Amazon fresh. 

Emily Lauber, an Arrowhead High School junior says,  “My favorite kind of pizza is cheese pizza. It doesn’t matter what place we get it from but that’s my favorite.”