Girls’ Field Hockey Game Tuesday October 10th

Tuesday October 10th, the Girls’ Varsity field hockey team played DSHA (Divine Savior Holy Angels) for their senior night.

The game took place at 7:30pm under the lights. The game started out strong in the first quarter with the Warhawks scoring a goal in the first five minutes of the game. In the second quarter the Warhawks got another swift goal, but DSHA did not give up and scored one shortly after. 

In the third quarter, the Warhawks came out hard and strong to start the second half scoring yet another goal making it 3-1. 

But DSHA was persistent and got another goal in the fourth quarter. 

The Warhawks kept a 3-2 lead until the last few minutes, when DSHA scored again to tie the game. 

But that wasn’t it for DS or the Warhawks as they went into a 7v7 overtime with 7 minutes on the clock. In the final remaining minutes DS got a corner and ended up scoring, winning against the Warhawks 4-3. 

An email was sent out on Sunday, October 8th at 8:45pm by [email protected] run by Associate Principal Debra Paradowski and Director of Student Services Adam Boldt telling students and staff to come support the game and rally behind the team. The email stated, “Your support can make a difference in helping them secure a victory, we look forward to seeing you at the game.” 

Last year at state Arrowhead lost to DSHA 4-0. The team did end up playing them once this season and lost 2-1. 

The email states, “Our Warhawks…have been working tirelessly to prepare for this rematch.” 

The girls on the team say they all agree. 

Junior Emmy Berger said before the game that, “We just have to play our game and come out hard.”

Junior Veronica Pauken said, the day before the game, “We just have to work hard because we know we can beat them…I am confident that we will win.”         

After the game, was a senior recognition. The girls gathered and cheered the seniors on as nice things were read about them over the speaker as well as any future plans they might have. They were then given a gift and all the shirts that were worn by the underclassman saying “I love my senior.”

Berger said after the game, “It was a really tough game, they are always a hard competitor for us. They are very fast and hard to stop. I think we played really well and I do believe we are the better team and can win. Just next time we can’t let them get goals because we break down and don’t know how to receive them and fire back.”