Arrowhead Boys Volleyball: Senior Night

This week was Arrowhead High School’s Senior Night for the Boys Varsity Volleyball Team. The game against Mukwonago was held on Wednesday October 4th at Arrowhead at 7:00pm. 

Arrowhead beat Mukwonago 3 sets to 1. 

The team, led by Head Coach Dennis Mechenich, has 10 seniors this year: Nikko Javier, Michael Bachmann, Nathan Reimer, Luke Heberlien, Ben Johnson, Charlie Andorfer, Ethan Dassow, Joe Getty, Ezekiel Jalan, and Ethan Hein. They also have two team managers, Senior Caden Viehe and Junior Jackson Clark. 

Senior Night is a tradition in American high school and college sports, where the athletes playing their final home game are recognized and honored by the school and fans. The ceremony usually includes introductions of each senior athlete, presentation of gifts or awards, and a short speech by coaches, athletes, or managers. 

For Arrowhead’s Senior Night, each of the players got a poster board with pictures of them throughout their high school career as part of the volleyball team, their names were announced before the game along with speeches by the team managers and teammates after the game. 

Bachmann says, “After the game our underclassman got to give speeches about every player which was very special to all of us.”

Dassow says, “Senior night was special because it was a build up of my four years playing volleyball at Arrowhead”

Senior Charlie Andorfer leads the team in service aces with 18 and kills with 168. His hitting percentage is .268, lower than his teammate, Junior Dash Habeck’s percentage of .333. 

According to WisSports.net, going into Week 6 of the regular season, Arrowhead is ranked #2 in the state with a record of 25-3.  

The Mukwonago Warriors Boys Volleyball team is 8-8 overall and 1-3 in the Classic 8 Conference. The team has outscored their opponents total by just 585 to 532 points in games, yet has never taken a team to 5 sets this season. 

Bachmann says, “Our goal for the rest of the year is to go 100% at practice and games no matter the situation. We want to bring home the title really badly, but we know we will have to practice very hard to get there.”