AP Student Cali Rauch talks about her experience with her past AP classes.

Cali Rauch is a junior at Arrowhead High School. She has taken a total of five college-level (AP) classes throughout the course of her high school career. Arrowhead currently offers twenty one AP classes. 

Arrowhead High School students are able to push themselves by doing AP classes, which are available in multiple subjects and put at a college level. 

AP Central claims that AP courses “have students develop college skills…” AP classes and tests help develop the time management, critical thinking, and scholarly writing abilities one will need in college and in the future. 

Arrowhead’s AP testing schedule is out right now. 

Rauch started off her high school career freshman year by taking AP human geography which she said was her least favorite due to her being a freshman and having a lot of work in that class which stressed her out at the time. 

Sophomore year she took both AP Lang and AP Gov. 

This year she is currently taking AP US History and AP Psychology. She plans to take another two AP classes her senior year as well. 

“My AP Lang class was my favorite because my teacher was amazing and my classmates were great,” Rauch says. 

According to AP Central, the AP English Language and Composition course is an introduction to writing at the college level. By reading, analyzing, and writing pieces, students learn more about writing and persuasive arguments. They do this while studying things like rhetorical situations, claims and evidence, reasoning and organization, and technique. 

AP Central claims these classes will help Rauch throughout her college career and future as she will have much confidence and built up skills.