Review On Homecoming And What Students Thought

Arrowhead High School hosted their 2023 Homecoming on September 30th. The theme of this year’s homecoming was “Under the Sea”.  

The total price of getting into the dance was $10 per person. Student Senate had some card games as students were waiting to get into the dance and if students picked the right card they would get a gift card. 

The dance doors opened up at 7:30pm and closed at 8:30pm, so students would spend an hour there and then were free to go or decide to stay longer. 

Charlotte Weiss, a Arrowhead High School sophomore, says “I really enjoyed homecoming. The songs were fun and I didn’t want to leave. It has definitely been the highlight of my year so far. The theme and decorations were so cute and left me wanting to take them all home.”

The dance was hosted at Arrowhead’s North campus in the west gym. 

As students walked in, Student Senate had props that were under the sea themed and some pool noodles used as coral pieces. 

Once students got into the dance, the lights were off and students were able to talk, listen to the music and of course dance. Student Senate also had some photo booths that were made particularly for the theme so students could take pictures with their friends. 

In the past years, sometimes students were able to pick out song suggestions but this year the DJ did not have a sheet for students to sign to enter their favorite songs. 

Emily Lauber, a Arrowhead High School junior, says,  “I really liked the photo booth and also thought the decorations were really creative. The songs that were played were decent. I wish that they would have had a recommendation sheet.”