Homecoming Football Game: Arrowhead vs Muskego

This week, the Arrowhead Warhawks Varsity Football team is looking to bounce back after a loss to Mukwanago last Friday, 28-14. The game is at Arrowhead High School, against the Muskego Warriors, on Friday, September 29th at 7:00pm. As well as a conference rivalry, this week is Homecoming for Arrowhead.

Tickets for this week’s game are $6 for adults (60 and older are free) and students are $4 unless they have an Activities Pass which gets them in for free. Students had the option to add the pass to their school ID’s for $40, giving them the ability to get into all Arrowhead varsity home games for every sport. 

September 25th through the 30th is Arrowhead’s homecoming week, which includes dress up themes, special events, and of course the football game. 

According to the Arrowhead Gator’s Instagram, the theme for the game is Red Out, encouraging fans to sport their favorite Arrowhead gear to cheer the team on. 

Head Coach Matt Harris says, “The biggest goal is to come out and play Arrowhead Football which is tough and confident! Believe that we can be the best team in the state.”

This season, Muskego has outscored its opponents 161 points to 80, in their 6 games. Muskego focuses more on rushing than passing, having already racked up 226.8 yards versus only 101.6 yards.

Senior TE Will Rader says, “A big key to victory is having everyone be confident. I see it in practice and I know we have a great team now we just need to transition that over to in game so we can be as successful as possible.”

Arrowhead has lost it’s two games to Kettle Moraine and Mukwanago, who are #6 and #2 in the conference respectively. The Warhawks are close behind taking the #3 spot in the standings. 

Senior WR Colton Herriot says, “[The coaches] taked about making sure we don’t make little mistakes.”

Harris says, “The key player is us!!!”