The Hawkfest Theme of 2023

Arrowhead DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) once again is working toward one of its marketing nights: Hawkfest. Each year the DECA team promotes Hawsfest withSteve Melzer and the Sports & Entertainment marketing, marketing, and business classes that meet for 40 minutes each day.

Some of the events taking place at Hawkfest include trunk or treat, inflatables, hometown mascots and activities. 

According to the orange informational sheet handed out by Melzer, the objective of Hawkfest is to receive sponsorships and donations. This year’s goal is to get $20,000 in donations. The sheet also says, Hawkfest draws in thousands of people.

These donations make a marketing opportunity for businesses to reach a local audience as well as receive support from other nonprofit organizations.

In turn, the proceedings from local organizations go to local community service projects. This year’s proceedings go to the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association). 

“MDA is a national DECA partner. The leadership team picked this organization due to the close partnership,” said Melzer.

The event itself is taking place on Friday, October 6th, 2023 beginning at 4 pm and ending at 8 pm in the north campus parking lot. After the festival, the night is concluded with a varsity football game. As of right now Arrowhead is scheduled to play against Waukesha South.

“This year our DECA team is going to all the feeder schools to sell shirts to all the younger kids,” says Melzer.

This year’s theme is Halloween Hawkfest. T-shirt sales are currently live and the school store is accepting cards or cash and can be delivered or purchased at the HawksNest (school store) for $15.00. Venmo, Apple Pay and cash are all accepted at the HawksNest.

The shirts this year fit the theme featuring Wally the Warhawk in a witch’s hat standing behind two pumpkins with candy scattered