Students Prepare for the End of the Year

The school year is coming to an end. Seniors’ last day is June 2nd while juniors, sophomores, and freshmen last day is June 8th. With the final days coming up, many students are gearing up for summer Vacation. 

Yearbook distribution started Tuesday, May 23rd, after school in front of the North Campus office. If students were unable to pick it up on the 23rd, students would be able to pick it up during lunch or study hall after Thursday, May 25th. If students have yet to purchase yearbooks they are for sale for $65.00. 

Textbook turn-ins vary depending on grade level. All textbooks need to be returned to the book room, the staff room next to the guidance office. Seniors can turn in textbooks on June 1st and June 2nd while the book room will be open from 7:15 AM to 2:45 PM. Juniors can turn their textbooks in from June 7th to June 9th while the bookroom is open, times being 7:15 AM to 1:00 PM. 

The Senior Party this year is June 2nd from 9:00 PM to 1:30 AM. The event is held by parents of Seniors and will consist of a hypnotist, a raffle, inflatables, casino games, and food and drinks. No entry is allowed after 9:30 PM and no one can exist until 1:30 AM. The aim of the party is to give students “an opportunity to celebrate their educational accomplishments in a safe and drug-free environment.”

Commencement this year falls on June 3rd at 7:30 PM. It will take place in the football stadium and students are asked to arrive no later than 6:30 PM. Family and friends are welcome to attend with seating being available in the stadium’s stands in a first-come-first-serve manner. If there is inclement weather, Commencement will be held the following day, June 4th, at 1:30 PM. In this case, students should arrive no later than 12:30 PM. Students will know of a change by monitoring their Skyward. 

Exams this year depend on grade level and class teachers. For seniors, exams will be on June 1st and June 2nd and may be over the course of two days depending on the teacher. For juniors, sophomores, and freshmen, the exams will be from June 7th through June 9th, all half days.