A Sneak Peak into Homecoming Week

What is a homecoming without five days of themed outfits?  Arrowhead High School’s Homecoming dance is on Saturday, October 15th from 7:30pm-10:30pm.  Students may purchase tickets at this link.   Along with this, students are encouraged to wear outfits to correspond with the daily theme from October 10th to the 14th.  On Friday, there will be a pep rally during the school day and a parade in downtown Hartland that night.

This year’s Homecoming week themes are as follows.

• Monday – Pajama Day

• Tuesday – Class Colors

• Wednesday – Zoom day

• Thursday – Red Carpet Fashion

• Friday – Red out

The themes were decided on by the “student senate executive board” says senior Grace Fitzgerald.

Some ideas, such as “Adam Sandler day” or “celebrity day” did not make the final cut for this year’s themes, says Fitzgerald.  

New to Homecoming week is Zoom day; students are encouraged to dress how they would during Zoom classes over quarantine—half dressed up and half dressed down.  Fitzgerald says that they found the idea for it “on Tik Tok”.  

Senior Kate Sprinkman says that she “doesn’t know if” she will “participate in” Zoom day because “it’s stupid.”

On the other hand, Junior Adalia Fristche says that she will “be wearing some sweatpants and a nice shirt.”

The pep rally takes place on the football field with all Arrowhead students watching on the bleachers—except for those signed up to participate in the rally, of course.

Senior Olivia Dicristo says she is “super pumped” for the rally because she “signed up for the soccer” activity and “tug of war.”

Students have a variety of expectations for the rally.

Fritche says that she is “not even going to that [the pep rally],” while Sprinkman says that the “pep rally’s stupid.”

That same day, there will be a Homecoming parade at 4:30 PM on Church Street in downtown Hartland and a football game against Oconomowoc at 7:00 PM taking place at the Arrowhead football stadium. 

The final attraction of Homecoming week is the dance at Arrowhead High School’s north campus from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm.  Doors close at 8:30 and students must stay until at least 9:00.  

Senior Elliot Astle says that he will “not be going” to the dance while Fitzgerald is “really excited” for it.

“FREE FOOD!” says Adalia Fristche.