Arrowhead’s Photography Takes Field Trip to Milwaukee

On Monday, March 16th, Arrowhead’s digital photography students traveled to different sites in Milwaukee. Teachers from the art department, Brock Rumohr, Cara Glatkowski, and Sherry Moseler were the chaperones for the field trip.   

Three different photography classes went on the field trip including Glatkowski’s 3/4B, 7/8B and Mossler’s north photography 9/10B class. Overall 50 students attended the field trip. Students had the option to pass on the trip, and were given a replacement assignment. For the students going to the field trip, they were given a list of different things that they had to photograph while in Milwaukee. The list includes pictures of reflection of water, food, people from behind, etc. 

Glatkowski, teacher in the art program, says,“We had to put a lot of trust in the students. We wanted to make sure everyone wasn’t getting the same photos.”  

Teachers and students left Arrowhead’s parking lot at around 9:15am. From there, the first stop was McKinley Park. After 20 minutes at the park, the classes then walked to Milwaukee’s Public Market. According to Milwaukepublicmarket.org, the Public Market is an industrial, chic market place offering baked goods, meats, produced, and prepared meals. The walk was around an hour, not including stops at a Coffee stop, and Red Arrow Park. 

Sophomore student in photography, Emma Verdegan says,“My favorite stop was the Public Market. It was super fun and the food was amazing.”

The classes spent an hour at the Public Market before making their way to Milwaukee Pierhead Lighthouse. 

Freshman in photography Aidan Ward says,“The lighthouse was really cool to see and take pictures of.” 

The students and teachers left Milwaukee around 1:20pm, and we’re back to Arrowhead by 2:00.