Competing for Most Decorative Door

Friday September 24th, 2021 is the start of the Homecoming Door Decorating Competition. All students involved in Arrowhead clubs may participate as long as there is an adult to supervise. Since this is a competition between clubs, the winners will be announced and receive a prize on the 27th at the Homecoming Pep Rally.

“The main goal of the door decorating competition is to engage students, activities, [and] clubs in an activity that allows them to share and spread school spirit during Homecoming Week,’’ says Student Senate Advisor, Tamara Varsos. 

Tuesday September 21st, 2021, was the last day to sign up. The doors ready for decoration were assigned randomly to the participating clubs on the 22nd. 

Decoration starts after school on the 24th and will be taken down no later than October 8th, 2021. If participants wish to come in and decorate after four o’clock they must communicate with Liz Arsnow, the Assistant Activities Director. 

According to the Student Senate, some important rules are as follows: all materials must be present when entering the building to reduce the amount of in-and-out. Materials must be provided by each club. Doors may not be damaged, so painters tape is the only option. Make sure doors can be opened and closed with minimal effort. Lastly, there should be a positive message about Arrowhead in the decorations. 

Becky Gordon, Arrowhead North Campus Associate Principal, says the “main goal of all the activities is to get students involved with school and each other [and to] be a part of something and get to know one another and make friends and show school spirit.’’