Arrowhead Choir Puts On Annual Christmas Concert

Arrowhead+Choir+Performing+at+December+Concert+

Arrowhead Choir Performing at December Concert

Arrowhead North campus choir students put on a choir concert at Arrowhead’s North campus theater at 7 o’clock pm on Tuesday, December 5th. Admission was free.

Students sang a variety of holiday and non-holiday songs to a packed theater led by choir teachers Gustavo Chaviano and Grace Bieleski.

South Campus choir is having their concert on Wednesday, September 12th at 7 p.m. South Select, Treble Choir, and Baritone Chorale are all performing on this day. Admissions is free and the event will be held in the South gym.

The dress code for participants is specific. According to Griffin, “Boys wear black dress pants, a collared white dress shirt, black sports coat or suit jacket, long black socks, black shoes, and a dark-colored bowtie or tie. Girls wear an ankle length dress provided by the school and black dress shoes.”

According to Barrin Griffin, an Arrowhead senior and North campus choir member, “The girls don’t like wearing the dresses. They think it’s uncomfortable.”

Joe Biewer, an Arrowhead senior and North campus choir member says, “We did a lot more songs this year than we have in years past which was kind of exciting because we got to sing a wide variety of songs and hear more solos.”

According to the program handed out at the concert, the songs sang by the choir were as follows: “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel, Carol of the Bells, Lux Aurumque, The First Noel, The Little Drummer Boy, Someday at Christmas, Light in the Hallway, Jing-a-Ling, The Holly and Ivy, Ave Maria, Holly Jolly, Silent Night, Merry Christmas Happy Holidays, Mary Did You Know, White Christmas, Deck the Hall, Sure on this Shining Night, Go Tell it on the Mountain, [and] Peace (Silent Night).”

Before the concert, Biewer said, “We’re all really confident and we sound great.  We hope to see everyone there.”

After the concert, Biewer said, “It went really well. Everyone did great.”

Camryn Coles, an Arrowhead senior who attended the concert said, “My favorite part [was] the duets performed. They all have such beautiful voices. It was definitely worth going.”

Two duets were performed. The first was “Someday at Christmas” performed by Arrowhead juniors Kyah Bratz and Emma Kureck. The second was “Ave Maria” performed by Arrowhead juniors Katie Fleming and Cassidy Wolverton.

Alyssa Proel, an Arrowhead junior and Broadway Company member, sang a solo of White Christmas.

Coles says, “She is an excellent performer and she was just very comfortable with the audience which made her more entertaining to watch.”

Arrowhead’s Broadway Company performed four of the songs at the concert alone. The Broadway girls performed their rendition of Holly Jolly which included a dance number. The other songs performed were Silent Night, which was sung in Latin as well as English, Merry Christmas Happy Holidays, and Mary Did You Know.

Amelia Ball, Arrowhead senior, played the cello for O Come, O Come, Emmanuel and Peace, Peace (Silent Night).

Coles said, “Amelia did great. She is one of the people I came to support and she played beautifully. I was so proud of her.”

Jack Hazod, an Arrowhead senior and North campus choir member said, “I’m really happy to be with my peers and perform beautiful music in front of family and friends. It’s sad in a way but at the end of the day, we have one last chance to pour our souls into the music.”

Griffin says, “I feel like the concert went very well..As always the students showed up and astounded the crowd.”

Griffin says his favorite song they sang was “Go Tell it on the Mountain because when sang right it has more of a soul vibe.  We did an interesting rendition of the song incorporating drums and a different rhythm to the song.”

Chloe Seltz, an Arrowhead junior, said, “My good pal Shannon is in choir along with some of my other friends so I went to support them.”

Logan Gehring, an Arrowhead sophomore, says, “I have some friends in the North campus choir so I [went] to see them perform and hear some good Christmas tunes.”

Steve Melzer, an Arrowhead teacher, says “I’m a big fan of Arrowhead’s music department and I go to these concerts every year. I have a daughter in choir as well so I am looking forward to seeing her perform.”