Students Deal With Chaotic Weeks of School

Many students that attend Arrowhead High School participate in sports or other extra curricular activities. 1.398 students participate in extracurricular activities that attend arrowhead.

Arrowhead Junior Jalen Webster says, “I have so much homework and classes to study for, and to top that off I have football practice, along with the game Friday and homecoming Saturday October 7th.”

Junior Cari Nelson says, “I don’t have any sports to focus on at the moment, but homecoming week alone is stressful enough. I feel like I don’t have enough time to plan and also complete my homework.”

There are many games for all the sports at Arrowhead High School,  The Atlantic a website that includes articles on students says, “49 percent of students across the world feel some sort of stress when dealing with school and other priorities.”

Junior Anna Elario says, “Homecoming weeks is very stressful, and I can’t stop thinking about my plans and everything for homecoming so it distracts my learning.”

Lucas Logelin says, “I work during the week so I get home late and don’t have a lot of time to finish my homework and I’m always so tired, homecoming adds a lot to this because it distracts me but I still manage to get what I have to complete, done.”

To help the students deal with stress or other events outside of school, Arrowhead offers many counselors that are willing to help with anything students need.

Junior Cari Nelson created a balance of schoolwork and sports.

Nelson says “I have made a schedule and routine of what I do when I get home that helps me complete my homework fast so then I can do what I want with the freetime I have leftover in the night.”

Nelson says “Homecoming week is exciting and fun but I still have to remember to maintain my grades and keep up with my school work.”