Arrowhead’ Young Life Organization

Arrowhead students gather at the most recent Young Life club, held at Sophie Tiahnybik’s house

Arrowhead’s Young Life club is a Christian non profit organization. According to the Young Life Leader, Chris Fanning, “Young life is a world-class, Christian nonprofit organization.” Fanning and his wife, Amy, are the leaders of Arrowhead’s club.

This club meets Mondays from 7:29 to 9:00 PM. The location varies from student’s houses who attend Young Life and are willing to use their house for the night. Although the location varies every two weeks, anyone can sign up to receive text message updates of club location at the Arrowhead Young Life website.

Fanning says, “Young Life totally impacted my life in high school. After high school, I really knew that I wanted a relationship with God, and since then it has completely changed my life.”

Fanning says Young Life can build friendships that can last a lifetime, especially for him. Fanning says, “I started Young Life just about 30 years ago, and I’ve been a leader for 20 years. I met people at Young Life 30 years ago, that I still connect with today, some of them even being my closest friends.”

Young Life is free to attend, and if students want to experience more, and connect more in Young Life, the organization hosts summer camps every single summer where students travel around the country, connecting with god and friends from around the world.

A quote from Fanning, “Everybody should go to camp. I guarantee it will be the best week of your life.”

Fanning says “[Young Life] is such a positive thing for kids to do. Being able to spend time and connect with adults and peers that aren’t related to you, will help more than you think.”

“Young Life is an experience [students] will never forget,” says Fanning. “My all time favorite memory from Young Life was last monday’s club. There was so many people and it was so energetic, I loved it. [It] definitely made the top five list.”

“If I could change one thing about Young Life…” Fanning paused. “I would love it if more folks at Arrowhead could have an opportunity to be apart of it.”

If any students want to be apart of Young Life, visit the Arrowhead Young Life Website — https://arrowhead.younglife.org/Pages/default.aspx and contact the leader to start getting text message updates involving the club meetups, and events.