Are Two Campuses Too Much?

North Campus Study Hall

North Campus Study Hall

With the beginning of the new school year, Arrowhead High School’s incoming juniors adjust to North campus and it’s many differences in comparison to South campus. The new environment is larger, newer, and underclassmen constantly hear of how superior North campus is in comparison to South campus.

Arrowhead is often referred to as the “U of A,” implying that it is a high school that resembles a university. Arrowhead consists of two separate campuses and a football stadium containing private boxes–which sold out over four years for a total of $75,000–and it is hard to deny the similarities between Arrowhead and many small colleges.

The two separate campuses each house two classes of the student body. South campus is intended to house the freshmen and sophomore classes, and North is intended to house the junior and senior classes. However, sometimes students need to travel from campus-to-campus for specific classes.

The idea of two campuses for one high school is unique to many outside of Arrowhead.

Camryn Morgan is a junior at Kettle Moraine High School. She says,“It doesn’t really seem normal to have two separate campuses for high school. I don’t think I would like it because I’ve always liked being able to see all of my upperclassmen friends every day, and by splitting us up into two campuses I wouldn’t have been able to see them.”

Morgan says, “I’m sure some people like having two campuses, but personally I think I would prefer one.”

Jordyn Gritzmacher is a Junior at Arrowhead. She says,says, “North Campus is different from South, but I think that change is good…I like South better because it was smaller and I got to see my friends more often.”

North campus has larger hallways, a theater, two gyms and a school store. However, many juniors say they favor south campus due to their familiarity.

Gritzmacher says, “It also seems like there were a lot more windows at South, and it was a lot brighter in more classrooms…Two campuses is a little over rated, but since there are so many kids at the school in general it’s different.”

Everyone has their two cents on whether or not two campuses is necessary. Arrowhead High School has an immense student body, which requires larger school facilities. However, the question still stands: are two campuses too much?