A New Addition to Arrowhead

A new frozen yogurt station has been put in the Arrowhead North Campus School Store which features desserts from Yo Mama’s to increase sales.

The school store offers six flavors for students to purchase any time the store is open during the school day: cake batter, dutch chocolate, watermelon sorbet, vanilla, very strawberry, and cookies & cream. The school store is open daily from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

Customer, junior Emily Parr says, “The time that is most available for me to stop in the school store is during my lunch hour, but after school I go sometimes, too.”

Parr says students visit the shop to get their frozen yogurt at their lunch hours and after school the most.

Junior Austin Konen says, “I like eating Yo Mama’s at the school store better because it’s easier to get to, cheap, and it’s not messy because it’s prepackaged.”

At a local Yo Mama’s store, a customer will walk in, get a dish for their frozen yogurt, and then dispense the dessert themselves out of a machine that is guaranteed fresh. A customer is allowed however many flavors they want in their dish. After the customer is done dispensing their fresh froyo, they will walk over to the topping bar which consists of numerous toppings and a customer can have any they want and as many toppings that they want.

Customers are allowed one free topping per purchase of a dish of frozen yogurt. Toppings at the school store include Reese’s Pieces, sour gummy worms, Oreos, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups served in what Konen says to be too small of a portion for the dish of frozen yogurt.

Store clerk, Ryan Smith, says that the frozen yogurt sales reach their peak at about 9th and 10th hour periods.

Smith reports, “Sales are pretty good. We usually get about 6-7 dishes of yogurt sold per hour and that adds up to quite a lot at the end of the day.”

Advertisement and information about the new addition of a frozen yogurt bar in the Arrowhead School Store is mainly posted on social media sites to get the word around.

Although there isn’t any advertisement around the school directing students to the frozen yogurt shop, Smith tells us that students are doing a good job at passing the word along about the new addition and that almost everyone knows about it.

Parr says “I didn’t know about the frozen yogurt in the store until I saw it on Facebook one day. I didn’t believe it because there weren’t any signs around school clarifying that there was actually frozen yogurt in the shop. If there was more advertisement around school, I feel like kids would go there more often.”

As of September, 2013 Yo Mama’s frozen yogurt has been in the Arrowhead North Campus School Store. Students seem to enjoy the new addition a lot according to Smith and hopes the sales stay steady throughout the year.