Arrowhead High School’s Field Hockey Beats USM

This past weekend, the Arrowhead Warhawks varsity field hockey team challenged one of their biggest competitors, University School of Milwaukee.

“USM is our biggest rival. Playing on the turf was one thing, but overall, the win was what boosted our confidence as whole,” says senior and varsity field hockey player, Brianna Bartolone.

With the season beginning on August 10th, the AHS Field Hockey team started off with games against Living World Academy, DSHA, and Kettle Moraine.

It was the USM game though, on Friday the 11th, that started off the school year with a strong win.

“USM’s win was a huge confidence and motivational boost for the team. We went into overtime and won 2-1 so it was extremely intense and overall just an amazing win for the team. We worked so hard for that win and I couldn’t be prouder of the girls. It brought up all of our drive for the rest of the season,” says senior and AHS varsity field hockey captain, Samantha Glapinski.

With Arrowhead football’s recent win against their rivals, Homestead High School, it’s no  coincidence to hear that Arrowhead Field Hockey also beat their largest rivals as well – USM.

Even with an injured player, senior Colette Stitch, AHS Varsity Field Hockey still pulled through with a win.

Stich says, “It’s been tough dealing with my newly sprained ankle I received in the first half of the USM game. It was hard sitting out when USM is our biggest rivals, but I can honestly say I am so proud of our team. The girls really pulled through, pushed their limits and represented Arrowhead and our team so well at that game. We came in and gave it our all and walked out with a win. I hope to be back soon and ready to keep this win up.”

Varsity reserve field hockey is also making some wins this season.

Senior, and varsity reserve player, Katie Mottl says, “I hope only the best for my teammates. Each practice as a team we try our best to work together and improve our skills. The season is also starting off really well for varsity reserve.We’ve won all of our games so far and they’ve been against all varsity teams so we’re really motivated and getting prepared for the rest of the season.”

Arrowhead Field Hockey has a few games coming up. Varsity plays on Thursday the 24th at 4:15pm, at Brookfield Academy High School. JV plays at Wayland Academy on October 1st at 4:30pm and, Varsity Reserve playing at Wayland, at 11am on October 3rd.

Make sure to check out the upcoming games and support Arrowhead field hockey.