Boys’ Track and Field Takes Indoor Conference Title

The Arrowhead High School boys’ track and field team won the Classic 8 Conference on April 4, 2014.  The meet was held at Waukesha South High School and the Arrowhead boys won with a total of 146 points.   This was the first of the three conference meets of the year.

Jacob Mentzer, a senior at Arrowhead, ran two open races and received a total of 14 points for the team.  He first received eight points for the team when he placed second in the 60 yard dash.  Mentzer then scored another six points for Arrowhead when he placed third in 440 yard dash race.   Other sprinters who collected points were senior Kevin Star and junior Cody Sellhausen.

Another top point scorer was junior Will Simons, who earned a total of 18 points for Arrowhead.  Simons placed second in both the 880 yard run and the one mile run.  Other distance point scorers were junior Devon Pacl, freshman Cole Sandvold, and junior Drew Renner.

Along with the sprinters and distance runners, the hurdlers also scored nine points for the team.  These points were credited to junior Jordan Argue, who placed fourth in the 60 yard intermediate hurdles and freshman Jake Driscoll, who placed fifth in the 60 yard high hurdles.

Lastly, the field events also contributed to the team’s win.  Senior, Gabe Morris won the shot put, gaining ten points, while senior, Justin Blatnik received third place for six points.

Blatnik says, “I am really happy that Arrowhead was able to pull off the win and overall everybody did really well.  I am glad I was able to contribute points to help out the team.”

Arrowhead’s pole vaulters also scored 18 points.  These points were credited to senior Thomas McCormick who won the event and senior Matt Robbins who placed third overall.