What Makes A Great Teacher?

Teachers are the guide to our future. That’s why we need good ones in this world. If you don’t have good teachers, you don’t have good kids and our future could be ruined. Many things make a good teacher, but there are three main things that teachers need to make a great one: they have to be approachable, they need to connect well with students, and they need to know what they’re talking about.

Questions may be one of them most important things out there. If you’re a teacher that isn’t approachable by students, then your kids will never ask questions. The effect from that is they’ll never know the answers and sadly enough, they’ll fail. If they aren’t comfortable around you, why should you be hired or pass as a solid teacher? The answer to that is, you shouldn’t.

If you’re able to teach in the mind of a 30+ year old and think like a 14-18 year old, you’re very good at teaching.  Us students like a teacher that we can connect with, have a good time with, while we still get our work done. We like a teacher that knows us and knows the situations we are going through. A great example is a teacher you can go to for outside of school help because you know they’ll help you and not tell anyone anything.

As a teacher, you have to have knowledge for your topic you are teaching. That’s a given. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, you should not be hired as a teacher. Teachers are here to guide us through our future, get us ready for it, and not make us fail in our future. That’s what will happen if we have a teacher who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. A great teacher knows what they’re talking about, simple as that.

A great example of a teacher that is approachable, connects well with students, and is someone who knows what they’re talking about is my Journalism teacher, Ms. Jorgensen. She is very approachable when I ask her questions about all of my articles, she helps me everytime and I don’t have trouble asking her for help. She also connects well with us as students, we always are able to have fun conversations with her. Lastly she knows what she’s doing as a teacher, she may be one of the best editors I know as a teacher. She knows what shes doing.

Teachers are the glue to this world. They glue us together so we don’t make this world a bad place. If it weren’t for them, we’d be a dumb world. There are three main things that teachers need to be a great: they have to be approachable, they need to connect well with students, and they need to know what they’re talking about. If you’re a teacher and you don’t have those qualities, you’re not doing your job well enough.