• May 30WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024!
  • May 30LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!!

What Arrowhead did to celebrate teacher appreciation week

Monday, May 6th through Friday, May 10th was teacher appreciation week. Teacher appreciation is celebrated nationally in order to thank teachers for their contributions to student’s knowledge and growth, according to the National PTA

According to an email sent to teachers from principal Adam Kurth, on Monday, Administration provided donuts for teachers. On Tuesday, the activities office provided pizza for teachers. On Wednesday, students in the National Honor Society wrote positive messages on the sidewalk and delivered treats and letters from students to teachers during their prep periods.

The National Honor Society is “the most prestigious of national organizations and societies that promote appropriate recognition for students who reflect outstanding accomplishments in the areas of academics, character, leadership, and service,” according to the Arrowhead website

Any Sophomore, Junior, or Senior who has a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher can apply to the National Honor Society. 

On Thursday, May 9th, Student Senate provided Panera Bagels for teachers. The closest Panera Bread restaurant to Arrowhead is located in Delafield. 

On Friday, the PTO encouraged teachers to Endters and provided free appetizers. Endters is a Bar and Grill in downtown Hartland. 

“I didn’t know it was teacher appreciation week, so I didn’t do anything for my teachers,” says junior Nicole Rivard. 

According to Fox13, teacher appreciation week is always the first full week of May. 

“I didn’t do anything for teacher appreciation week but I plan on writing my favorite teachers letters before I graduate this year,” says senior Emma Danes.