Arrowhead’s Broadway Company Goes to Disney

Arrowhead’s Broadway Company is an auditioned vocal ensemble that is devoted to performing musical theater. It consists of sophomores, juniors and seniors. Broadway Company is a 10th hour class that meets everyday, and depending on the time of year, there are additional practices after school and on the weekends. 

Over the recent long weekend,the Broadway Company took their annual trip to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. The students, teachers and trip supervisors left from the Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport on Thursday, February 10th; and returned on Monday, February 14th. The Broadway Company traveled to Disney World to participate in the arts programs and activities that Disney World offers.

Sophomore in Broadway Company, Brady Schiro says, “It was so fun, and everything went great.” 

The Broadway company spent three days at the Disney parks. The trip cost was around $1,700 for each student according to Broadway company teacher and trip organizer, Gustavo Chaviano. 

Chaviano says that,“While we were at Disney we did the Disney Broadway Magic workshop. We also participated in the Disney Performing Arts program.” 

According to Disneyparks.com, The Disney Broadway Magic workshop is just one of the Disney Performing Arts workshops that give performance groups the opportunity to develop character, camaraderie and confidence while fine-tuning their skills at Walt Disney World Resort. The Disney Performing arts program is a unique educational experience for students of the arts, as stated by usafest.org. 

Sophomore in Broadway Company Kate Taylor says, “the trip was great! We got to explore the parks very independently but kept checking in with chaperones and Mr C to ensure our safety! We had a very planned out itinerary and schedule that made everything pretty flawless and smooth. It was an amazing experience to be in such a magical place with all my best friends.”

Chaviano says, “The students learned some great valuable tips to bring back with them and implement in their theater endeavors at Arrowhead and abroad.”