Arrowhead Seniors Make Plans for After High School

As the second semester continues, seniors’ after-high-school plans solidify.  Whether it’s a four-year university, trade school, or jumping into a career, most students have an idea of what they are going to start doing or preparing for in the next few months.

Gracie Mauer is a current senior at Arrowhead.  In June she will “begin six weeks of Cadet Basic Training” at the United States Military Academy at West Point.  She plans on declaring her major as a Life Science major at the end of her first semester.  

Mauer says she will not be participating in any of USMA’s NCAA Division I sports, but will be participating in intramurals, club sports, and fitness courses such as survival swimming, judo, boxing, pand parachuting. 

After her graduation, she plans to commission into the Army as a Second Lieutenant, and then attend medical school to become a surgeon. Following this, she will serve more years of active duty after her education and residency.  

Mauer says she is “ecstatic about these many new challenges and opportunities, as well as serving my country and preserving our freedoms.”

Katryna Evans is an Arrowhead Senior who will be attending UW-Whitewater next September, with a major in Spanish Education.

Lauren Roberts is currently a senior at Arrowhead as well.  She plays club softball and says this summer will be her last season, but would “love to play intramural softball at Creighton,” the university she will be attending this fall in Omaha, Nebraska.  

Roberts plans on majoring “in biology with the goal of eventually going to med school and working somewhere in the field of pediatrics.”  She is currently employed at Bubba’s and plans to continue working there throughout the summer, in preparation for college.

Oli Lee is a current senior at Arrowhead.  This summer, he will continue his employment at Target.  In September, he will attend the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities to obtain a degree in English, with plans to go to law school afterwards.

Sydney Major is another senior who plans on attending college, and she got accepted into UW-Milwaukee.  She plans on taking different art classes and would like to find an apprentice job for tattooing.  She says, “I also am going to have a summer job, and save up money so I can move out with three of my friends soon.”

Best of luck to the Class of 2022!