A Way To Get In The Holiday Spirit

The Student Senate set up a Holiday Tree devoted to giving to others. It is a way to show holiday spirit and help others have a good Holiday. 

The Student Senate committee at Arrowhead started a tradition where students at Arrowhead buy gifts for less fortunate families, and place them under the tree. Families around the district struggle with being able to afford Christmas presents for the people they love most, and Arrowhead High School is trying to help those families out. 

The giving tree is simple: pick a tag, buy a gift, and place the wrapped present under the tree.

People are able to grab a tag whenever they want starting on November 18th, but it was planned to only be set up until December 6.

Shanna Morgan, a teacher at Arrowhead High School says she is unsure about when the Giving Tree first became a tradition here at our school. She says, “I have been at Arrowhead for 19 years and we have been doing it since the year I started and I believe it has been longer than that.”

When the Giving Tree was first set up this year on November 18, there were a total of 240 tags, and as of December 1, all of the tags have been taken.

The main question many students and staff have been asking is, how are the families who the presents are being given to identified? Morgan says, “We work with the Christmas Clearing Council of Waukesha County and they provide the families based on who has applied.”