Rho Kappa Puts on their Annual Veterans Day Breakfast; Honoring All Who Served

On November 11, Rho Kappa is putting on their annual Veterans Day Breakfast. It will be held in the South Campus cafeteria from eight till nine-thirty AM. 

Rho Kappa Studies Honor Society is an organization to prompt the study of Social Studies. The goal is to promote activities that associate with citizenship, sense of community, and appreciation of the past. Addition to the Veterans Day Breakfast, Rho Kappa also collected Teens for Jeans and participated in field trips. 

To join Rho Kappa students need a 3.5 GPA in Social Studies and an overall 3.0 GPA. Students also needed to be an active member in a Social Studies club for at least one year or participate in the National History Day Competition. Some Social Studies clubs are JSA, Model UN, and SAVE.  Click here to fill out a form to join Rho Kappa. 

Students can invite family members and friends that were or currently are in the military and are encouraged to attend with them. 

Students and Veterans who wish to attend must register by Thursday, November fourth. To register participants are asked to fill out a google survey including information about the veteran and how many people will be attending.The survey can be found on the Arrowhead Highschool home page under News and Events or by clicking here

An email was sent out by Arrowhead Teacher Beth DesRosiers to Arrowhead Faculty, highlighting a few things about the breakfast. Some students participating in putting on the event will be excused from some morning classes. It was also mentioned that students from the choir and band will be performing during the breakfast.

DesRosiers said, “If you happen to be free during 2nd hour, and would like to stop by the South Campus AP room to thank a veteran in person, that would be great.”