Arrowhead HOSA Holds Basket Raffle Fundraiser

The Arrowhead HOSA organization will host a raffle fundraiser for staff members during the asynchronous learning day on Friday, March 19th.  The event will take place at school in the North Campus library from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.  Proceeds from the raffle will go towards a healthcare-related charity.

Members of HOSA will make and bring in themed baskets for prizes for the raffle.  Tickets will be sold at the event; prices vary from 5 for $5, 10 for $10, and 25 for $15.  

Once the event closes at 1:00 pm, HOSA volunteers will select the winners of the raffle.  Winning staff members will immediately receive emails notifying them of their prize.  Baskets will be available for pickup in the library until 2:30 pm.  

Up to 27 gift baskets are available.  The basket themes contain varying items, such as food, self care items, and classroom supplies.  Examples of basket themes include Spa Day, Ice Cream Sundae Party, Fitness Fun, Game Night, and Grill Out.

Staff members are also encouraged to vote for which basket is most creative.  The students who made the winning baskets will choose which healthcare-related organization the proceeds will go to.  

In an email to staff, HOSA chapter president Payton Banks said, “We are super excited to introduce this event and hope you all are excited to participate!”

The Arrowhead High School website says that HOSA, or Future Health Professionals, aims to help members “become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.”  Members take part in competitions, conferences, and volunteerwork pertaining to the healthcare field.  

Students interested in taking part in HOSA can contact the advisor, health science teacher Brenda King.  Staff members can reach out to HOSA chapter president Payton Banks with any questions or concerns regarding the Basket Raffle.