Hawkettes 2021 Competition Season Starting

As basketball season comes to an end, the Hawkette Arrowhead dance team begins their competition season.

Junior Shay Dorff says, “Although I am sad that performing at games will be ending, I am looking forward to competing again, it is always a fun part of the season.” 

This past weekend, on Saturday, February 20th, the Hawkettes went to the Saber Showdown competition at Franklin High School. Two different dances were performed at the competition, both choreographed by members of the team. Jazz and Hip Hop were the two group dances.

Jazz was choreographed by junior Anna Tweeden, and hip hop was choreographed by sophomores Grace Hooge and Lily Wakefield. Out of seven teams, both Arrowhead dances came in fourth place.

This coming weekend of March 6th, the girls have a competition at the Ashwaubenon invite at Ashwaubenon High School. 

Junior Anna Tweeden says, “We will be performing around ten o’clock at night and won’t be getting back till around one in the morning. It will definitely be a long night.” 

On Saturday, March 13th, they will be at the Badgerettes spirit invite at Brookfield East high school. The Badgerettes host a camp and different events that the Hawkettes and different highschool dance teams go to throughout their season. 

In these several upcoming competitions, they will continue to use the same Jazz and Hip Hop dances.