The Impact of the Arrowhead Food Drive

From October 28th through November 11th, students could have brought in canned food for the School’s annual food drive!

According to Bella Samz, an organizer of this food drive, Approximately 860 items were collected in total, with South Campus contributing the most, with them donating 445 cans of food. North Campus got in a close second with 415 cans of food.

In regards to the virtual student’s output during this, Bella Samz stated that “I think we did a great job trying to include virtual students as best as possible, and it was a challenge to get the word around, but overall we had a pretty good amount of items for almost half of students being virtual or quarantined.”

In teacher Ronald Reichle’s 10th grade Social Studies class down at South, both the 1st and 2nd hour classes worked together to gather 50 cans of food as a class total. We ended up getting around 150 cans all in all! 

When asked about what she thought of the integration of virtual students in this fundraiser, Bella stated that “I think we did a great job trying to include virtual students as best as possible, and it was a challenge to get the word around, but overall we had a pretty good amount of items for almost half of students being virtual or quarantined.”