Arrowhead Baseball goes 1-1 on the week with three games canceled.

Jake Kellerman, Reporter

The Arrowhead Varsity Baseball played only two games last week when five were originally scheduled. The Warhawks played against the Waukesha North Stars on Tuesday, May 14th, at O’Driscoll Field on the campus of Arrowhead High School. They also played against the Pewaukee Pirates on Wednesday, May 15th.

Arrowhead defeated Waukesha North 6-0 on Tuesday as two pitchers combined to throw a shutout.

The Warhawks got on the board in the first inning when North’s Ben Spiers’s wild pitch allowed two runs to score for Arrowhead.

The Warhawks tallied three runs in the third inning. Junior Jacob Cinelli, senior Joey Bartolone, and senior Nic Wohlfiel each had RBIs in the big inning.

Senior Davis Zeutzius earned the win for Arrowhead Varsity. He lasted six and two-thirds innings, allowing three hits and zero runs while striking out ten. Junior JJ Smerz threw one-third of an inning in relief out of the bullpen.

Spiers took the loss for Waukesha North. He lasted four innings, allowing five hits and six runs while striking out two.

Bartolone, Cinelli, freshmen Charlie Jarvis, senior Tyler LaMack, junior Caleb Lorbecki, and senior Luke Schraufnagel each collected one hit to lead Arrowhead. The Warhawks were sure-handed and didn’t commit a single error. Jarvis made the most plays with 11.    

“I feel like it was a great conference win for us it gives us a little bit of momentum going into playoffs and I think it was exactly what we all needed,” said Schraufnagel.

The Arrowhead Warhawks fell behind early and couldn’t come back in a 10-6 loss to Pewaukee on Wednesday. Pewaukee scored on a groundout by David Bell in the first inning, a single by Josh Cottrill in the first inning, a walk by Justus Zemberi in the first inning, a single by Josh Geisel in the second inning, a single by Masen Beatty in the second inning, a groundout by Bell in the second inning, a single by Zemberi in the second inning, and a stolen base by Cottrill in the second inning.

Despite the loss, Arrowhead did collect six hits in the high-scoring affair. Pewaukee had eight hits on the way to victory.

Pewaukee pulled away for good with five runs in the second inning. In the second, Geisel singled on a 0-2 count, scoring one run, Beatty singled on the first pitch of the at-bat, scoring one run, Bell grounded out, scoring one run, Zemberi singled on the first pitch of the at-bat, scoring one run, and Pewaukee scored one run on a stolen base.

Quinn Berglin was credited with the victory for Pewaukee. He went five and a third innings, allowing zero runs on four hits and striking out four.

Freshmen Mason Buss took the loss for Arrowhead. He allowed four hits and eight runs over two innings, striking out two.

Carson Hansen started the game for Pewaukee. He allowed two hits and six runs over one and two-thirds innings, striking out two

Schraufnagel went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead Arrowhead in hits.

Geisel led Pewaukee with three hits in three at-bats. Cottrill led Pewaukee with two stolen bases, as they ran wild on the base paths with six stolen bases.

“You really hate to see that kind of game especially this late in the season, but we were trying out some different things, with bringing in the new freshman guy and that I think we learned some things so overall it was a learning experience and it’s going to help us in the long run,” said Schraufnagel.

Team chemistry has been on a low, according to some of the players.

“The junior class that it’s been said that they are the worst class in the history of the game when it comes to being teammates, it has been said, not going to say by who,” said Schraufnagel.

“I really do not understand what is going on with this team. I thought we were going to be better than we are, but now the season is coming to an end and I don’t know what to think,” said Lamack.

The Warhawks game Thursday against Waukesha North was postponed due to rain. The doubleheader at Verona on Saturday was also canceled due to rain as well. The Warhawks drove down to Verona at 8:45 am on Saturday. The hour and a half bus ride led to a 45-minute delay that ended in cancellation.