Arrowhead High School Recognizes Academic Excellence

Arrowhead High School held a celebration for honor students. Honor students were defined as students who have a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher.

The North Campus students were recognized May 23rd and rewarded with a grill out on the turf of Taraska Stadium during lunch periods fifth and sixth hour.

On May 24th during lunch periods fifth and sixth hour, the South Campus students were recognized and rewarded with a magic show, with cookies from Cafe Arrowhead.

Associate Principal Debra Paradowski said prior to the events, “This year we will be recognizing the academic excellence of our students at North Campus on Wednesday, May 23rd, during the lunch hours. A cookout out by the stadium will consist of brats, hamburgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers. This year the honorary grillers are Todd Reineking, Liz Arsnow, and a special guest appearance by Sue Casetta. Many other wonderful helpers assist as well to make this happen.”

Paradowski said, “At South Campus on Thursday, May 24th, the students being recognized will be bedazzled by the Magic of Ryan Martin, also during the lunch hours.  Cafe Arrowhead will be supplying their famous cookies.”

Junior Rachel Kuelthau says, “I attended the honors celebration. It was really nice that we got to go outside during school on such a nice day and to just relax knowing our hard work has paid off. It was also super fun being all together on the field. There were a lot of people who attended which shows how intelligent our school really is.”

Ryan Martin the magician who came for the students at South Campus says on his website www.ryanmartinmagic.com, “I’ve loved magic for many years. I believe my purpose in life is to motivate, fascinate, and inspire with my magic. My job is to create entertainment and wonder with playing cards, laughs, and enchanted evenings. I currently perform at restaurants, theme parks, birthday parties, corporate events, weddings and many other events.”

Paradowksi says, “1,093 total students were invited to attend. We have recognized/celebrated our Honor Students yearly. The manner of how they have been recognized/celebrated has changed over the years that I have been at Arrowhead [13].  We have changed the way we recognize and celebrate our students based on what the students want. We ask for input and try to make their wishes happen. They are worth recognizing for their consistent efforts in the classroom. We truly have great students. This was established well before any of our current administrative team members have been employed at Arrowhead.  It simply has been a tradition that has carried on.”

According to USNews, Arrowhead High is ranked sixth within Wisconsin. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® coursework and exams. The AP® participation rate at Arrowhead High is 64 percent.

There is a total of 2,219 students enrolled at Arrowhead High School.

According to Pradowski, 1,093 students out of 2,219 students have a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.

According to the Arrowhead website, “Arrowhead High School is uniquely positioned to provide a wealth of transition and employment opportunities to its students. Three businesses currently operate on school grounds, Cafe Arrowhead, Wally Grounds, and Arrowhead Detailing Service. These businesses give students experience in real world work, but with the comfort of trusted teachers assisting them through the process. Cafe Arrowhead is a business for special education students so they get real world experiences. Cafe Arrowhead supplied the cookies for the honors celebration at South Campus May 24th. “

John Hough, special education teacher, shared information regarding Café Arrowhead and Arrowhead Manufacturing, which are student-run businesses designed to provide the vocational training needed to compete in a post-secondary setting.