Arrowhead Girls Varsity Red Lacrosse Team Seeded #1 in the State

According to the Arrowhead website, “Arrowhead Red Girls Lacrosse have won eight state titles in eleven years, while winning the last 4 years consecutively.  Arrowhead Red has also won ten Conference Championships over 11 years as well.”

Arrowhead Varsity Red Girls Lacrosse is coached by Tom Truttschel. He has been coaching for nine years. Varsity red has two assistant coaches, Lee Bromberger and Sara Tuescher.

According to MaxPreps, girls varsity lacrosse had winning streaks in 2009(of 22 games), 2008 (of 10 games), and 2007(10 games).

According to the Arrowhead website, “To develop a positive environment where high school athletes learn and develop skills to play competitive lacrosse. Emphasis is placed on showing respect to individuals, teams, coaches, officials, and honoring all forms of athletic achievement. Players will develop confidence, good sportsmanship, and a love of sports which will enrich their lives for years to come. Conference play starts in April and ends in late May with playoffs.  Since 2007, Arrowhead has fielded two varsity and two junior varsity teams. The number of teams will vary depending on the number of participating athletes and available coaches. We are always looking for parents interested in helping staffing the scoring table and more.”

Arrowhead girls varsity lacrosse has a record of 186 wins and 48 losses. Previous to Truttschel, the girls varsity lacrosse team was coached by Connie Tjarksen.Truttschel started coaching during the 2010-2011 season.

Junior Abby Rick, #99, goalie of the girls varsity red lacrosse team, says, “We just had our conference championship against Whitefish Bay High School (WNS) on Wednesday, May, 16. It was a really good game and we had a lot of draw control especially from #12 Coryn Tormala she always had the ball.The game had ups and downs here were times were they were ahead or we were ahead, but eventually we were tied 5-5 and we went into sudden death for 3 minutes meaning the first person that scores wins the game. The winning score was by freshman Kylie Manser. Our coach was crying and so many of my teammates were crying. IT was the best feeling in the world since we thought we wouldn’t win, and now we are seeded #1 in the state.”

Junior Jessica Surdyk, #17, defensive player on the girls varsity red lacrosse team says, “This was one of the biggest games of the year because they have always been a big competition with us. The game was very back and forth so it made it very difficult and frustrating since we all wanted to win so badly. Winning this game in my opinion was a very big accomplishment, because it shows how well our team works together. We all were super focused and we all were in the right mindset and that shows what we really can do. Whitefish Bay is now seeded #2 and we are seeded #1.”

According to MaxPreps, an online high school sports website, “The Arrowhead varsity lacrosse team has an away conference game at rival school Kettle Moraine (Wales, WI) on Friday, May 18 at 7pm.”

Surdyk says, “I am excited for the rest of the season I think we are going to keep improving and succeeding in our games and I hope the season ends on a good note. I think we have the ability to make it to state we just have to keep up the good work and keep working together to make it happen. This season has been very fun so far. It is busy but it keeps me busy and give me life skills I will utilize forever.”

Arrowhead Girls Varsity Red Lacrosse Team