Too Many Study Halls for One to Handle

AHS student John Doleschy Sleeping during the time where he should have FSO

At Arrowhead, FSO stands for Flexible Scheduling Option which allows students to either sleep in one class period and arrive to school late, or leave school one period early. It is available for juniors and seniors who have above a 3.0 GPA.

“Having both first hour and last hour study hall is such a waste of my time,” Julia Wesley said.

AHS senior Julia Wesley said, “The school should make it so we have the option to have FSO first and last hour.”

Wesley says it would be more convenient for students to have Flexible Schedule Option if they have first and last study hall because if they have no homework then they are just sitting there.

“I think that you should have both options mainly because when you earn the grades and work hard there should be more than just a morning or afternoon FSO option,” said Wesley.

Wesley said that it would be nice if she was able to sleep in and leave school early.

Senior AHS student Annie Galstad says she has a different perspective.

“I think that it isn’t too much to handle if you plan your time wisely. You have to be dedicated and want to complete it,” Penny said.

Galstad says, “I do not think that people should be able to do both. I feel like it would get out of hand. People should have to pick between one or another. People could end up taking advantage of the privilege with having both.”

Galstad said, “If you have both first and last hour study hall, then it would be a problem with having no other study halls in the day would would cause them to have more work at home.”  

Galstad says most kids do not have the motivation to do lots of work at home and they rely on their study halls.

Galstad says, “Having both morning and afternoon FSO can really affect students grades and we would be better off just having one or none.”

Galstad said, “It would be the better option for the best of us.”