Traffic at Arrowhead High School Infuriates Students

Parking Lots of Arrowhead High School

Parking Lots of Arrowhead High School

Student drivers at Arrowhead have been living and dealing with the on campus traffic. The traffic has caused many students to be late to school, nearly get into accidents, stress, and frustration says Jalen Webster. Since Arrowhead has such a large population students try to enter from many directions. Prominently causing major traffic issues.

Arrowhead football starter and student Jalen Webster says “If I don’t arrive before 7:00 am I will be ten minutes late to class due to traffic.”

This is an issue because this is causing students to be late to essential classes. Often times students will be marked tardy.

Jalen Webster also mentions the problematic road bumps that were installed over the summer he says, “The road bumps cause more issues than there were before, and my whole morning revolves around be beating traffic which often puts me in a bad mood and affects my learning ability.”.

Since this is causing students mental and physical problems this is a substantial issue that should be further examined.

Student JJ Oehmcke states “This issue could be resolved by adding more lanes or additional places to enter and exit campus,” he also mentions that he believes that this is one of the larger problems at Arrowhead High school.

Since this would take a lot of time to solve, there isn’t much that could be done. Road bumps have been added which could help or worsen the traffic on campus.

Not all students have to cope with this traffic everyday, students that have FSO have it easier but some students aren’t as privileged due to their GPA. FSO allows students to leave or arrive to school early or late. Since this is affecting many students ability to learn in class due to the immediate frustration caused by traffic in the morning this could be a serious issue.

There are other solutions such as leaving at an earlier time to try and beat traffic, and since South campus starts twenty minutes earlier that also eliminates some traffic. Many students believe this issue should be further looked into and should try to be resolved.