Arrowhead Students Celebrate Christmas

The Arrowhead Football Field covered with Snow.

At Arrowhead High School, Christmas break lasts for 10 days. It goes from December 23rd to January 2nd. This is a time for students and faculty to take a break from school.

Sidney Heinitz, a sophomore at Arrowhead says she is “looking forward to the Christmas season.”

Heinitz says, “I love Christmas. It’s my favorite holiday. My family comes to visit, we open our presents, and eat dinner together…My favorite part about Christmas is a break from school.”

In 2011, Detroit CBS News hosted a poll about America’s favorite holiday, and Christmas killed the poll with 38% of Americans voting for it.

Christmas also brings around holiday classics, such as the Peppermint Mocha at Starbucks.

Heinitz says, “Peppermint taffy is the best Christmas food ever. It just reminds me so much of Christmas, and the winter.”

Gabbi Pancheri, a sophomore at Arrowhead says, “I love the peppermint mocha, I get it almost every morning.”

Coryn Tormala, a sophomore at Arrowhead celebrates Christmas and the holiday season by spending time at her grandma’s house with her family. She says, “My grandma lives in Muskego, where I will spend time with my extended family. We open presents and eat a lot. We play games and enjoy the time we spend together because are rarely all together.”

Tormala says, “I have cousins that are close to my age. They are all boys. I have baby cousins too, who love me, and I love getting to spend time with them.”  

“On Christmas Eve, we attend church in the afternoon. And then, we get hot chocolate at the local coffee shop down the street from our Church,” says Tormala.

Lauren Chromy, a sophomore at Arrowhead celebrates Christmas almost the same as Tormala. Chromy says, “Well, I go to Church in Monches. Then after Church, my family and I go to my grandparents house to have dinner and open presents. My favorite gift I have ever gotten is a brand new purple bike—but, it is broken now.”

“In the morning, I usually wake up at around 4:30am because I cannot contain my excitement. My siblings and I usually open gifts around 9am” Chromy says.

While Chromy is waiting to open gifts. She says, “I watch Christmas movies with my sister, Emma.”

Christmas Break ends on January 2nd.