Arrowhead Store Reduces Size of Frooties Bags, Keeps Price the Same

On Friday, November 4th, I stopped by the Arrowhead store to buy some Fruties to snack on because I was hungry. When I asked for a bag of Fruties, at approximately 1:45 pm, I gave the cashier a dollar and received the bag of Fruties. But there was something off with the bag. It was a lot smaller than usual. And the bag contained fewer Fruties than normal. Normally, the store gives out a generous handful of Fruties in a large bag. Now, students are paying the same for less according to Harry Smiths, a sophomore student.

Sophomore Harry Smiths says, “Fruties are priced at about a dollar for 20 candies. The cost and the product ratio is not what we’re looking for. I used to pay a dollar for about 40 Fruties. So what they are doing now is making us pay the same amount for less. It’s a monstrosity.”

Joey Peters, a sophomore at Arrowhead says, “I always look forward getting that huge bag of Fruties, and after November second, I suddenly became depressed when I saw there was only 20 Fruties in the bag. It really just kills my mood.”

“I think this is very disrespectful towards the students because we go to work to make our own money, and it is not worth my dollar. This impacts my day because I expect to get more and then get like 20 fruities, then it puts me in a bad mood,” said Katie Thurow.

When the Arrowhead school store was asked why they are giving out less Fruties they said, “We were not supposed to give out the large amount of Fruties in the first place. We were told by Arrowhead that we are supposed to count the Fruties and put them in the bag.”

At a general store in Stone Bank they sell single Fruties for one cent a piece. At arrowhead, it’s five cents for one Frutie.

“That is a scam,” said south campus student Abby Bergman.