Arrowhead High School Hosts Annual Homecoming Dance

North Campus Entrance.

North Campus Entrance.

Arrowhead High School hosted the annual homecoming dance this past Saturday, October 1st in the North Campus gym from 7:30 PM until 11:30 PM. The 2016 theme was Hawaiian.

Arrowhead High School’s student senate was in charge of setting up for the festivities. The student senate arranged the themes for the in school homecoming dress up days. The themes this year were pajama/crazy hair day, twin/famous pairs day, Hawaiian day, superhero/villain day.

There were complications regarding the annual homecoming parade. The parade was originally scheduled for Sunday, September 25 at 4:30pm on Church Street. However, due to weather, the parade was rescheduled for Friday, September 30.

The annual Hawkfest festival was also scheduled to occur on the same date as the 2016 Arrowhead High School homecoming football game. However, Hawkfest was rescheduled to Friday, October 14 due to weather concerns.

Erin Schaubel is a junior at Arrowhead and participates in student senate.

“It was really fun to set up for the dance,” she says.

The student senate breaks up into groups in order to decorate and prepare the venue.

Schaubel says, “We all divided into groups and made some decorations and also ordered some decorations. Then we all helped to put up the decorations and prepare the school for the dance.”

Jamison Ashby is a junior at Arrowhead who attended the dance.

“The decorations were super cool, and the dance was pretty fun this year,”

According to the student senate website, the theme for Arrowhead’s 2016 homecoming dance was “Aloha-Hawaiian Homecoming.”

The Arrowhead football team won the Arrowhead vs. Kettle Moraine homecoming game, with a final score of 38-12.