Prom Approaches For Arrowhead Prom

Screenshot of Prom Website

Arrowhead High School plans to host its annual junior/senior prom on Saturday, April 16. The prom doors will open at 6:15 PM and the dance will end at midnight.

The 2016 Arrowhead prom will be held at the Country Springs Hotel, embodying the theme ‘rustic moonlight.’ The dance is only for juniors and seniors, with the exception of underclassmen who are brought as the guest of an upperclassman.

Tickets to attend this year’s prom will be sold through Friday, April 8th. Tickets can be purchased online here. Prom tickets were available from March 21 through March 31 for $70 a person. Due to the proximity of the event, tickets are now being sold for $80 a person.

Lauren Henzlik, a junior at Arrowhead, says she plans on attending the prom this year.

I am looking forward to the dessert table. I heard there is a chocolate fountain, cake pops, cheesecake, and a lot of other good desserts. I’m also really looking forward to seeing everyone all dressed up and extra pretty,” Henzlik says.

Henzlik says, “Finding a dress was a really hard thing for almost everyone I talked to. Every store that you went to was either picked over or way too expensive. Figuring out your group and who sits at which table is also the biggest inconvenience.”

According to theguardian.com, the average American family spent $919 on a prom-going teen in 2015. This expense included ticket cost, dress/tux, nails, hair, accessories, transportation, and more.

Trina Bower is an adult supervisor of Arrowhead’s student senate. The student senate is responsible for planning the Arrowhead prom.

Bower says, “Prom tickets have not increased since I took over as an advisor because I understand that it is expensive. We work hard to stay on budget as much as we can while still making it an amazing experience for everyone and not increase prices. I think this is a major feat since that ticket prices are the same as 9 years ago when I started advising. The ticket covers the venue, food, DJ, decorations and dessert.”

Henzlik says, “I think it’s okay for underclassmen to come only if they are dating someone who is a junior or a senior. Other than that I think they should have to wait their chance to go.”

If an Arrowhead student wishes to bring a student from another school to the Arrowhead prom, they may do so once they fill out a guest form for their guest. The form can be found here.

Arrowhead’s prom also has a prom court. A king and queen are selected from the senior class. Students can vote for any senior girl, and any senior guy to be on the court here.

Bower says, “After students vote on prom court and the nominees accept, those people are all in the running for king and queen. A vote will open up next week for that.”