Holiday Themed DECA Marketing Night Basketball Game

On December 22nd, 2015, Arrowhead High School will be putting on another DECA Marketing Night.

The December 22 theme will be holiday. This  follows the December 18th DECA Star Wars themed Marketing Night. Marketing Nights was created to give an experience for the students to plan an event.

The  holiday-themed night coincides with the boys basketball game in the North Campus Gym. Marketing Nights starts at 6:30pm, followed by a 7:30 pm tip-off.

Lake Country Now reported that, “After just two conference games, Arrowhead, Muskego and Waukesha South are deadlocked for first place with 2-0 records.”

On December 22nd, AHS will take on the Germantown boys basketball team. According to the Maxpreps website, Germantown is 2-0 in their conference games.

DECA annually hosts the Marketing Nights, “as a good way for the marketing students to prepare for planning events,” advisor Steve Melzer says.

At the boys home basketball game the theme will be Holiday. “This means that students should dress in red or green to show support for the basketball team,” said gator Johnny Zanotti.

The DECA chapter will also be handing out free t-shirts during the game for students. There will also be entertainment put on by DECA.

Senior Hattie Salzman, who is a leader of this event, says, “The Arrowhead Hawkettes will be performing, as well as a mascot dance off, contests and tons of holiday music to put the audience in good spirit.”

Salzman also stated that DECA will be promoting Operation Click that is happening at Arrowhead.

Operation Click’s website says that, “Operation Click started out solely as a seat belt awareness program, but times and technology have been changing. Operation Click has realized that safe driving education should not only focus on the use of seat belts, but also include topics on texting and driving and driving sober.”