New Movie, Sisters, Hits Theatres December 18th

Directed by Jason Moore and written by Paula Pell, Sisters, starring Tina Fey, and Amy Poehler, hits theaters Thursday, December 18th. Sisters is a 118 minute comedy that’s rated R, according to marcustheatres.com.

Marcustheatres.com says Sisters circles around two disconnected sisters Maura (Poehler) and Kate (Fey), who are are brought home to clean out their childhood bedroom before their parents sell the family house. Looking to recapture their glory days, they throw one final high school-style party for their former classmates, which turns into a huge rager.  

Based on the trailers upbeat music, party scenes, and laughter throughout, the movie looks fun and exciting with sarcastic and witty humor. It also looks like it has a strong cast that would make it a great movie night for students and their friends.

“I’m so excited to see this movie. Me and my friend have plans to go opening night together,” says Arrowhead senior Bryn Bierman.

Arrowhead students can view Sisters at Marcus Theatres in Delafield and at Majestic Cinema in Brookfield.

A movie ticket costs $10 each at both Marcus Theatres in Delafield and Majestic in Brookfield. Students and adults alike can view movies on a Tuesday at Marcus Theatres for $5. It’s called “$5 Tuesday’s All Movies!”

“I’m going with my sister to see [Sisters] and I’m so excited. It looks really funny and I think we’re going to have a lot of fun,” says senior Alli Kroeninger.

Other Sisters cast members include Ike Barinholtz, and John Cena.

According to wikipedia.com, Barinholtz is an American actor, comedian, voice actor and screenwriter, best known for his role as a cast member on MADtv, from 2002–2007, and for his additional roles on The Mindy Project, The League, and Eastbound & Down.

Cena is an American professional wrestler, rapper and actor. He made an appearance in the 2015 movie, TrainWreck, directed by Judd Apatow. Members at BuzzFeed say he was, “such a fun actor to watch.”

“I’ve wanted to see Sisters since the day the trailer came out. It has a really great cast. I love both Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, and they haven’t been in a movie together since Baby Mama, which was so good, so we are extremely excited to see Tina Fey and Amy Poehler together again,“ says junior Sara Janke.  
Thanks to YouTube, a link to watch the trailer is shown below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRnhEjP3R-c