Arrowhead High School’s Eventful Homecoming

Arrowhead’s 2015 homecoming was on Saturday, September 26th. It was held in the west gym at Arrowhead High School. The theme for this year’s homecoming was Hollywood.

Students began arriving for the dance at 7:30 pm with their dates, friends, or whoever they chose to go with. If they wanted to attend the dance with someone who doesn’t go to arrowhead, a guest form had to be filled out and dropped off at the office before the homecoming dance.

Each student must have had their ID and ticket with them that they purchased. The dance lasted about four hours (until around 11:30pm).

According to Arrowheadschools.org, tickets were on sale since September 14th for $15 per regular ticket and $20 per VIP ticket, which included a glow stick and immediate access to the front of the line. Ticket purchases were located in the North Campus commons during lunch periods.

Diya Ramanathan, a senior at Arrowhead said, “I think homecoming week is really fun because it added more excitement to the whole week.”

Leading up to the homecoming dance, there were different activities. On Sunday September 20th, the homecoming parade took place in Hartland at three o’clock in the afternoon.

After the parade, everyone gathered at the Taraska football stadium for the teacher versus student football game, which the teachers won.

On Monday, a drive-in movie was held in the school parking lot, showing “Mean Girls”. Free popcorn was also provided for all students.

On the following Thursday, a dodgeball tournament was held in the school. It was $10 for each team to participate and all the money went to the I Back Jack Foundation.

Friday, there was a school assembly. After school was the big football game against Catholic Memorial. Arrowhead dominated 23-0.

Leah Stapleton, a senior at Arrowhead said, “I was on vacation in Disney World and when my flight landed back at home, I was walking through the airport when I saw my boyfriend holding a sign with my name on it asking me to homecoming. It was so awesome. I don’t think anyone has ever done anything that nice for me before. After he asked me like that, I was so much more excited to go to homecoming.”