Arrowhead hosts annual Pill Drop

Arrowhead High School hosts their annual Pill Drop at the Mullett Ice Center May 8th. The Pill Drop will take place from 06:30 AM – 06:30 PM. For further information, Arrowhead’s campus is located at 700 North Avenue Hartland, Wisconsin 53029.

Students are asked to not bring in their own medication; only parents or adults can drop off the medication.

Prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, ointments, sprays, inhalers, etc, are items that are acceptable.

Students and parents are asked to not bring in bio-hazardous materials, sharps, household hazardous waste, bulk prescription drug samples, and personal hygiene products to the Pill Drop.

Some sponsors of the event are: Asiana, North Lake Sailing School, Quad Graphics, Culvers, and United HealthCare.

Taylor Winter, a senior at Arrowhead, says her parents have brought medications to Arrowhead’s Pill Drop in previous years.

“It’s a good way to get these unused medications out of our cabinets and free up some space. It’s also really convenient that my own school hosts something like this because I live so close, so it’s not really out of our way,” says Winter.

Mackenzie Huckstorf, a senior at Arrowhead, says her and her family have never participated in the Pill Drop before.

“I wasn’t really sure what it was when I heard about it, but I know that I have a lot of old medication from when I had strep throat, so maybe it’ll be a good time to take that to the Pill Drop,” says Huckstorf.

Huckstorf says her family is looking forward to going to this event to get rid of all their unneeded medication..